Sunday 25 January 2015

Favourite Red Lips

When it comes to lips there's nothing more traditional than a red lipstick. It can sometimes be difficult to find a high pigmented, long-posting red lip and we've all be through the struggle of reapplying every 2 minutes! I like to change my favourite lippys up a bit so i've made a list of my top 5...






Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Revolution Lipstick - Mrs. Mia Wallace

This is one of my newest additions to my lipstick collection as the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction collection was only released in the UK last September and due to the high demand I wasn't able to get my hands on it until November... It was my first lipstick from Urban Decay and I love everything about it. The colour is the perfect blood/deep red and the lipstick formulation is incredibly creamy. It's truly long-lasting, smooth and richly pigmented. The packaging is so sleek and personally I found that the lipstick makes my teeth look whiter when wearing it, and who doesn't want that!



Kate Moss Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - 01

I've had this lipstick for a good few years now and I love the creaminess of it. It's a more blue toned red and is very long lasting. The only downside to this lipstick is that it can be slightly drying but it's nothing a little lipgloss/balm won't solve! Great value for money retailing at £5.49, perfect for those on a budget.



MAC Matte Lipstick - Ruby Woo

MAC is definitely my favourite brand for lipsticks in general, but especially their reds. Ruby Woo is incredibly matte, making it last a lot longer than other lipsticks which is essential for bright colours, especially for long days and nights out. As this lipstick is SO matte, it can be very drying so a lip liner is essential for me but personally I would wear a liner with all of these lipsticks. Definitely a repurchase! 

MAC Matte Lipstick - Lady Danger

My number 1 favourite MAC Lipstick that I own, possibly even my favourite from my whole collection. Lady Danger is definitely my most worn, go-to red. It's incredibly bright and summery however works all year round and even for that wintery, christmassy red. One of the least drying of MAC lipsticks, very creamy and pigmented and of course it's MAC so smells dreamy! 



Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Cream 

Not exactly a lipstick, but when it's done it's magic you couldn't tell! These Sleek Matte Creams apply glossy and creamy but quickly dry to a long wearing matte finish. Possibly the longest wearing lip product I own, perfect if you're not a fan of reapplying! So so pigmented and at £4.99 it's definitely worth it for how long lasting it is!



I'm always looking for new red lips to try out so what would you recommend?
Hope you enjoyed!
Speak soon
Beth xo





1 comment:

  1. Red lipsticks are great, when I'm not in the mood to get my make up done but i need a quick pop of color a red lipstick is my first choice.
    x,Abril
    ps. today other two bloggers and I are hosting a pinterest party, it is a great way to promote your post and meet other blogger, the link up is going to be open until monday
    http://the-colorpalette.blogspot.com/2015/02/pinterest-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete